Tuesday 3 May 2011

Disaster at Chiswick Car Boot and what I did next ...

Well, I would love to tell you how successful my morning on the sun-lit uplands of  Chiswick Community School Car Boot was, but I can't.  Having got up at 3am and made it to the queue (number 80 this time) before 4am, I sat patiently watching the dawn rise through the leaves of the sycamore trees on Burlington Lane.  Does that sound poetic?  Trust me, it wasn't.  When the time came to move at 6.30am I discovered that my car had died - no power, no lights, no hazards, no hope.  So I called the break down chaps and 6 hours after I left home I arrived back, not as a woman weighed down by £1 coins, but on the back of a low-loader.  But, thanks to my chat with my rescuer,  I did know a lot more about accident black spots on the M4, M40, M3 and M25 and  what type of lorry to steer clear of on the motorway. So thank goodness it wasn't all a waste of time, eh?.

Anyway, not despairing at the waste of a good night's sleep, I decided to do a bit of painting.  Here it is.  I hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment