Tuesday 24 May 2011

Spring stitching ....

Walking past Hurley church last weekend there was a beautiful floral wreath over the door left over from a wedding.  It set me thinking again about wedding decorations so when I saw a faux blossom wreath at the car boot sale on Saturday I bought it and this is what I did with it...


The felt dove is improvised from an image found on google images.  There are many outline drawings of doves and other birds there that could be used as templates.  I just added a gusset for volume.  When I get time I'll play around with some of the other bird images and experiment a little with colours.  But that will have to join the list of all the other things I'm going to have a go at some time.  Funny how that list never seems to get any shorter or the pile of waiting yarns and fabrics any smaller - does that happen to anyone else, or is it just me?

I want to point you in the direction of Kelly and her lovely blog and shop.  She currently has the most wonderful set of vintage painted tables (23.05.11) which, if you are a fan of painted furniture, you really need to take a look at.  I don't think they'll be in her shop for long!






1 comment:

  1. Hi, thanks for the "plug". Yes, they are so pretty. It is always difficult when you sell the things you love! I tend to want to keep everything..hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete