Tuesday 10 May 2011

More knitted birds ....

A few weeks ago I muttered about a garland of knitted doves joined by celebratory ribbons to hang as a decoration around a room for a wedding or birthday or Christening or ....  Well, I sort of got distracted and this is what I ended up with.




As you can see, not a ribbon in sight.  This is an adaptation of the knitted dove pattern, smaller, reshaped, new wings and tails - new bird really.  I'm thinking bright sparkly yarns and pegs underneath to turn them into Christmas tree decorations.    Is it too early to start knitting for December?



On another note I want to make a personal request.  I know that I have regular visitors because Blogger thoughtfully provide a stats page which tells a blogger how readers arrive at the blog, where in the world they are based and which pages are read (but not by which reader).  It would be lovely to hear from anyone who is reading on a regular basis - I feel I'm blogging into a huge void.  Just an  'I live in ... and think this' or 'I would like to see more of ...' would be lovely. 

7 comments:

  1. I'm a regular visitor! I love the strawberries, birds, everything x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm also a regular visitor, your work is amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, thanks for your comment on my blog. I just wanted to say how much I like your knitted birds. really lovely design.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your birds are BEAUTIFUL!!! Will you please, please, please share your bird pattern with us?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely birds, great dragon but where are the patterns please Greetings from France JA

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those birds I would appreciate if you posted the division

    ReplyDelete