Thursday 28 April 2011

Getting Ready for Chiswick School Car Boot ....

I've had a day off work today and no car because it's in the garage getting itself (very expensively) mended.  So my thoughts turned to the weekend and, in order to off set some of the car expense, I think I shall go along to the Chiswick Community School Car Boot Sale on Sunday.  This has two advantages - getting rid of the things I wonder why I bought in the first place and hopefully raising some money.  Of course, there are disadvantages.  When I tried this boot out in February (yes, February) I arrived to join the queue at 4.10 am and I was in 54th place!   I must say that I doubted the hype I've heard about this boot.  A lovely lady, Julie,  who buys from me quite often (she has impeccable taste) does it every time and swears by it.  She arrives at 3.30 am.  My neighbour, who deals in vintage and designer wear, says the people she knows who go there queue overnight.  Anyway, I must say that despite the early start and the horrible loos, it was worth going along so roll on Sunday.

I had to have a trial run as I will not have as much space as I would at Kempton Park Antiques Fair or Shepton Mallet Flea, so I pulled everything I thought I might take out of the garage and did a mock up.  Here it is ....


Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment