Sunday 3 April 2011

This week I have been painting ....

This will come as a relief to any reader who cannot tell knit from purl and is fed up with posts about knitting.  Our car boot sale season started last weekend and thousands turned out to welcome their return.  Hence, though I walked miles in an effort to buy beautiful and interesting things, pickings were thin.  However, I did come home with some things which I have been working on this week.  I'll show them to you on a colour theme.  First, pink ....
Painted box and butter pats with vintage painting of anemones

I love this vintage painting of anemones.  The box painted with roses and the butter pats are my work.

Secondly, blue ...
 
Painted box with silk embroidered picture.


Another lovely picture in this photo, this time embroidered in silk.  The colours are beautiful muted shades of blues, greens and greys.  I may keep it for a while just to enjoy it properly. 

And, lastly, green ...
Painted bentwood box, vintage tray and painted birdhouse

Another buy was this lovely bridal party of felt mice.   There is a bride, groom, vicar, two bridesmaids and an elderly relative.  They are in a terrible condition with lost bases, missing hats and stuffing escaping from their bottoms.  But I thought the detail on them wonderful and they were too lovely for me to leave behind.
Felt mice bridal party

I also bought this charming bit of glass work - two tiny birds sitting on a twig with some forget-me-nots.  Amazingly there is no damage on this piece which is less than two inches end to end.  Again, something I shall be holding on to for a while.

Glass birds

Already looking forward to next week's outing to a muddy field!

No comments:

Post a Comment