Monday 11 April 2011

Strawberries for Kempton Park ....

Tomorrow is Kempton Park Antiques fair and, as the school holidays have arrived, I can go and browse to my heart's content.  I also have to go to deliver some strawberries I have been busy stitching over the last week or so.  If you ever get a chance to visit Kempton Park Antiques Fair, which is held on the 2nd and last Tuesdays of each month you really should visit Lynn's stall.  She is in the Paddock Hall by the ladies' loo (not a very glamorous address).  Her stall is packed with lovely things which are a feast for the eyes and bring joy to my heart: toys, flowers, decorative bits, fabrics and of course, velvet strawberries. 
Velvet strawberries

If you fancy trying some velvet strawberries of your own there is a pattern here.
 
As well as the strawberries I have had another go at producing felt rabbits with mixed success.   I'll show them to you if you promise to do any sniggering behind your hands so that I can't see or hear you.
This one was an improvised pattern ...

Felt rabbit or hare?
With his nose in the air like that he reminds me a little of the hare in 'Guess How Much I Love You'.

This one is based on another of my mother's old toy patterns.  I don't actually have this pattern but I based my version on a photo of the original that I found advertised on ebay.  It was part of a set which included a cockeral, an elephant and a flamingo.  An interesting mix!  There is a similar pattern here.

Felt rabbit 3 with vintage wooden money box

I also wanted to show you this lovely vintage wooden money box grabbed from under the noses of other buyers at the car boot sale yesterday.  The old lady, who probably owned it in her childhood, was going into a home and her things were being sold.  I don't think I could have parted with it myself.  The front door opens to get the money out.  There wasn't any in there - I checked.


No comments:

Post a Comment