Friday 15 April 2011

An early Happy Easter ....

Northern Man and I are off on our travels again over Easter so I'm sending my greetings to you all early.  I have, or course, been knitting for the occasion - Easter chicks this time ...

Knitted Easter chicks

There is a similar pattern here.  I found this pattern through a lovely blog called Knot Garden which you should visit if you are a knitter.

Last year I knitted some Easter eggs from this pattern and I'd love to show them to you.  But, as so often happens to me these days, I have lost them or, to be more accurate,  have forgotten where I put them.  If I can't walk from one room to another without forgetting why I've done it what chance do I have with things I did a year ago?

While we are on the subject of knitting I want to show you some lovely things I found at the car boot sale last weekend ....

Vintage knitting bag, needles and gauges


I bought this lovely vintage knitting bag which contained a splendid collection of old knitting needles and gauges.  The gauges are objects of fascination to me ...

Vintage knitting gauges

The one that looks like a score board allows you to record increases and rows, measures your needles, and has a built-in ruler!  




No comments:

Post a Comment