Sunday 18 March 2012

Mothers' Day Post ....

Be honest now, dear RRs, you knew is was only a matter of time.  As soon as you saw the painted crinoline ladies you said to yourselves 'there'll be a knitted one coming along very soon'.  You were right ...


... here they are - knitted crinoline lady egg cosies.   I really need to get out more. 

 Last Sunday was spent, very pleasantly, at the Moore Vintage fair at the Royal Masonic School for Girls in Rickmansworth.  It was a beautifully organized event;  trollies were available for unloading, tea, coffee and pastries sustained us as we unpacked, there was music all day including two splendid spots from a trio of delightful singers, and a demo on how to do vintage hair styles.  I didn't sell much but I did have a very nice day. 


I recently showed you the bunches of flowers I had been knitting compulsively.  I decided to turn some of them into brooches using sieve brooch backs bought from here....


These fit very well with my resolutions this year - use up the yarn stash and do smaller things that don't need so much storage or stall space.  These resolutions will be severely challenged next weekend when THE CAR BOOT SEASON STARTS AGAIN!!! HURRAH!!!




3 comments:

  1. I LOVE both these knitted items. You should put a few up for sale through your blog. The egg cosies are perfect for Easter, as are the "brooches" too! My grandma always wore a corsage at Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the strawberry brooch!

    Btw do you realise that you have word verification switched on? It does make commenting difficult and there's a bit of a rebellion going on in theblogosphere with most people switching it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please do you have a pattern available for the crinline ladies, they are very lovely.

    ReplyDelete