Tuesday 3 April 2012

Mere chicken feed. A poultry matter ....

It being almost Easter time, my thoughts turned to eggs and thence to chickens and this is what I came up with ....


... what the world has been waiting for, a knitted chicken egg cosy.  For me, egg cosies conjure up images of 1950's advertisements with Mother, complete with perm and pinny, cooking breakfast which will be served at the fully laid table.  The eggs are ready in their egg cups, warm and cosy under their covers.  Father and children sit down to be waited upon and cleared up after.  Who has time to cook an egg for breakfast these days, let alone need an egg cosy to keep it warm?

I shall take this opportunity to wish you all a Happy Easter break.  Northern Man and I are off on our travels again - to India this time.  We're only going for a week as we dare not leave the offspring for any longer!


3 comments:

  1. Cute cosies! Have a lovely break. M x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely; I’m sure they’ll keep something warm - or hidden! Hide the offsprings Easter Eggs there. Last year I crocheted these chick egg cosies, but they’ve only been used once. Have a great time in India.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a super time and enjoy the warmth and sunshine! We would love to see some pics of your visit please!

    ReplyDelete