Saturday 14 April 2012

I am a snapper-up of unconsidered trifles ....

It's lovely to be back car-booting again after such a long winter shut down, but I must say that there has been nothing of any great pith and moment to buy so it has had to be beauty before age.


I bought the tray from the lady who made it forty years ago when there was a fashion for such things.  She told me how cross her mother was when she went to take a bath and found the wicker in it soaking until it was pliable enough to use!




Pretty things on a theme of white and cream ...






These lovely little cottages are made from paper and matchsticks then painted and varnished. 

Roll on tomorrow's car boots ....









1 comment:

  1. I remember those make- it - yourself trays being in vogue. You could buy them in kit form. - those and stools with woven seagrass seating.

    ReplyDelete