Monday 5 March 2012

Why is my blog like a bus?

Well, obviously, because I could find nothing of interest to say during most of February and have now posted three times within a week.

Yesterday, it was raining in Berkshire and it seemed like a good time to tackle the stock cupboard in the garage.  I've mentioned before that this cupboard contains things which time has forgotten but did I tell you it has magical properties?  It doesn't matter what you take out, upcycle and sell, there is always more in there to be found.  If only my bank account were the same.

This weekend's finds turned out like this ....
As you can see, once I got started on the ribbons and pink roses I found it difficult to stop.



And...

More vintage boxes which I have no recollection of buying.  Out there, in the wider world, great minds are contemplating such topics as world peace, global warming and why the Scottish midge continues to flourish when much finer, more useful species have disappeared without trace.  Me, I'm struggling with where did these boxes come from, how much did I pay for them and how long have they been there?

A special mention for the little bird in this photo - a gift from my sister.  Thank you!




1 comment:

  1. Or like a car boot sale; sellers I know frequently complain that they go home with more than they came with. This can be likened to blogging on several levels! The boxes and the birds are lovely. In idle moments I've been crocheting tiny shamrocks (and some four-leaved clovers), anticipating St Patricks Day, but I haven't a clue what to do with them - any ideas?

    ReplyDelete