Sunday 29 January 2012

Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile. Da-n-da-da-n-da-da-n-da-da ...

... so I finished off a few outstanding projects ...


which gave me a huge feeling of satisfaction or possibly, just relieved the guilt of delaying so long.  As you can see, I had a go at a crinoline lady ....


... something I've been meaning to try to some time.

Muir and Osborne are bringing out a paperback edition of Best in Show:  Knit Your Own Cat on 8th Februrary.  It's called  Knit Your Own Cat:  Easy-to-Follow Patterns for 16 Frisky Felines.
 I didn't buy the original book as I had a pile of unfinished projects (see above!) waiting.  But, I am now unable to resist and have pre-ordered myself a copy.  While I'm waiting impatiently for it to arrive I've revisited the wonderful Knit your Own Dog book .....


 The patterns are wonderful but not as simple as the blurb suggests.  I think I'm a fairly experienced knitter but I had to try the Westie's head three times before I got it right.  Mind you, I was watching the BBC's very enjoyable version of the  Mystery of Edwin Drood at the time so that may explain the mistakes!



On the subject of knitting, this year's Ravelry is being held at Farnham Maltings on 25th and 26th February.  Unfortunately, this clashes with the next Shepton Flea so I won't be able to go, but I'd recommend it to any knitters within reach of Farnham on that date.



3 comments:

  1. The crinoline lady is reminiscent of embroidered tray cloths in the 50s and 60s when it was a popular design. I’m sure my Mum had some.

    I Love the dogs, especially the Westie infuenced by Dickens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the knitted cats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahah! I knew it, you are a Ravelry-er too! Just love these dogs & the cupcakes, & especially the crinoline ladies you made ~ I tend to make little children's clothes in anticipation of someday-grandchildren & gifts for others. I admire your work, it's simply delightful!

    ReplyDelete