Tuesday 28 February 2012

Cath Kidston does Am Bothan

I am quite overcome with pride.  Youngest Child went to Winchester today and rang me in a frenzy to tell me that she was in the Cath Kidston store and there, on a cake stand, were some of my knitted cup cakes.  'Never' I said, so she sent me this photo to prove it ....


They are very squashed and have obviously been handled by lots of customers.  How exciting is that for a Cath fan such as myself?

 I haven't blogged for a while through lack of anything to show you.  I've been struggling with the Muir and Osborne cat patterns in my new book.  I've tried three so far and none has been satisfactory but I shall have another go some time.

Hope to be back at the weekend with some photos of current projects but, in the meantime, enjoy your extra day tomorrow.  Do we get paid for the extra day in a leap year or do we just do 366 days work for 365 days pay?




3 comments:

  1. The icing on the cake I'd say! The colours do go so well though. It's easy to let a little while slip by without a blogpost. It's finding the time to do the crafty stuff as well as everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't they look great! Maybe she bought them from you at the flea...I know she and her buyers do attend Shepton Mallet events...she bought fabric from me once.

    I don't get paid at all...unless I can afford to pay MYSELF now and then! So extra pay for an extra day isn't going to happen! ;-))


    LOVE my roses from you BTW and the jug already has some spring twigs in it...

    Happy Leap Year!
    Niki x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I work at the Cath Kidston store in Winchester and I have to say that these knitted cakes are some of my favourite props that we have in the whole store :) they're always on show, well done :)

    ReplyDelete