Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy New Year!

I hope you have made your resolutions.  Mine are:-

1. Not to buy anything at a flea market, antique fair or car boot sale that does not fit into a shopping bag
2.  To buy nothing at all, of any size or shape, that is painted with gloss paint (yes, I know you've heard me say that before)
3. To make a real effort to use up some of the infamous yarn stash that is threatening to completely fill one corner of the garage. 

 So, three resolutions which should, you would have thought, be manageable.  I went to a car boot sale today.  It was small, muddy and cold and I bought (yes, you guessed it) yarn. 

Not a lot of yarn, just a little bit of vintage cream for doing doves, but that's the third resolution gone and it is only 2nd January.

I have had lots of time to indulge myself this break and I've been knitting bunches of flowers.  The rose pattern is from Lesley Stanfield's 100 Flowers to Knit and Crochet but the other patterns are my own.  Here are some of the results ....
 As you can see, I decided that it would be a good idea to knit jugs to put the bunches of flowers in.  Unfortunately, the stiffening process went a little wrong and they look like factory seconds.  Never mind, at least I've got that particular bit of silliness out of my system now.













No comments:

Post a Comment