Sunday 3 July 2011

I have a declaration to make ...

I love Northern Man.  Not Northern Man in general you understand (although I am sure that most of them are lovely) , but my Northern Man in particular.  Why?  Because my particular, wonderful Northern Man has bought his loving, devoted and, let's face it deserving, wife a brand new car.  

RRs of this blog will recall my whinging about the unreliability and rising cost of running the old car.  Now, a Zafira has much to recommend it; you can fit an awful lot of stuff in the boot of a Zafira and still have room for a thermos of coffee and a packet of chocolate biscuits.  You can sit in it, lie down in it, have a picnic in it, but one thing you cannot do, after it reaches a certain age, is rely on it.   Hence, there is bright red Skoda Yeti now sitting on my drive.  

Now there will be a scratching of heads among you as you try to think what a Yeti looks like.  There aren't many on the road and that could be because it is a fairly ugly car.  However, as Jeremy Clarkson demonstrated, it has a few positives:  you can get a tattoo done it the back of it while it is moving; drive it through a burning building while holding an ice cream which will not melt because the air con is so good; or land a helicopter on top of it.  I cannot currently foresee a moment when I would want to do any of these things but it's always good to have the option just in case, don't you think?
Another positive is that it has a slightly smaller boot space than the Zafira.  Why is that a positive?  Because it will ensure that I do something which I have been promising myself for some time - buy smaller things.   I've also promised myself not to buy anything else covered in gloss paint, which I only do because these things are generally very cheap.  Why are they cheap?  Because nobody else wants them!  They've all learned the lesson that gloss paint is more trouble than it's worth. Well, I shall be resolute from now on - smaller and matter, that's me.

So on to what I bought this week at the car boot.  Well, there was definitely an 'other side of the world' feeling about my purchases as you will see ....


Love that embroidered panel.  And still more ...


How do these things end up in a dusty Berkshire field? 

2 comments: