Wednesday 20 July 2011

Good News and Bad News ...

First of all, the good news.  Shepton Mallet Flea was an excellent day but only for those fortunate enough to have an inside stand.  The rain was, on occasion, biblical and all the outside traders were regularly drenched.  However, every time the deluge came down, the buyers poured (unintentional pun) into the hall and brought their purses with them which was very nice for those of us lucky enough to be in the dry.

More good news!  I have been offered a new job with new challenges, new people, longer hours (to fill my children-free days) and, last but not least, more money.  The bad news?  I have been offered a new job with longer hours which means I won't have nearly so much time to knit, crochet, sew and paint.  But, life is never all hospital corners and, as I don't start until September, there will be no immediate change to the blogging.  

I didn't get a chance to buy anything new at the weekend so here's one I prepared earlier.  A couple of weeks ago I showed you my 'far side of the world' purchases and one of them was this delightful Thai handbag ....

Now as we all know, a girl cannot have too many bags or, come to think of it, shoes, frocks, coats, jewellery, make up .....  so I tend to have a bag for all possible occasions and some I haven't thought of yet just in case.  But after looking at my pretty Thai bag I decided that some of mine were a little boring and needed pepping up.  So this straw bag got a summer cornfield make over with poppies, cornflowers and a daisy .....



And this one got a rose garden theme with roses from Lesley Stanfield's 100 Flowers to Knit and Crochet.



4 comments:

  1. A girl can DEFINITELY never have too many bags or baskets. I should know I just treated myself to a gorgeous 50's raffia one! I was inside at the Flea too.. had a brilliant day! Lizzie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. can this bag be made in crochet if so I will be happy to see the pic or the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Swayam,
      The bags are not crocheted - just the flowers.
      Best wishes,
      Jennie

      Delete
  3. can this bag be made in crochet if so I will be happy to see the pic or the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete