Saturday 26 November 2011

Remind me: have I told you about my failing memory?

Now, I always thought that my inability to remember things from one room to the next was a fault of my advancing age, but apparently not!  A professor of psychology at the University of Notre Dame, says that "Entering or exiting through a doorway serves as an ‘event boundary' in the mind, which separates episodes of activity and files them away" and that  "Recalling the decision or activity that was made in a different room is difficult because it has been compartmentalized."  Phew! What a relief!

But this leave me a little puzzled.  As most caves do not have doors, does this mean that cave men never forgot anything?  Did we only become forgetful when we built houses and nailed some planks together to keep out the wind, rain and travelling salesmen?

But I do remember that some weeks ago I said I would show you some of my Christmas knitting projects.  So here we go ....

... plush chenille knitted birds with fluffy tails and wings ...
... and sparkly Christmas tree decoration birds knitted in jewel colours. 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE - LOVE - LOVE your knitted birds. All of them!!! Would you be willing to share your patterns with the rest of us???

    ReplyDelete