Sunday 7 August 2011

This weekend's car booting .....

This weekend's walk round a crowded field turned up some pretty things for me to show you.  First, some trios ....


Then I came across a house clearance, with all of an old lady's belongings up for sale and her treasured possessions and memories spread out for anyone to see.  I always feel slightly uncomfortable when I find a stall like this - it seems so very intrusive. Anyway, she was obviously a knitter and among her things were these very unusual knitting needles which have a half loop at the end.  I can only imagine that they were designed to hold a large number of stitches without the needle being of an unmanageable length.  If anyone knows if this is the case, I'd love to hear from you.

Also, some crinoline lady heads for tea cosies and powder puffs, bone crochet hooks and knitting gauges.   I've laid them out on this lovely crochet table cloth that I also bought today.  At the bottom of the box of knitting needles was a pair of gold earrings, which were an unexpected bonus!


And some glass vases.  The lovely Murano glass one in the centre is staying in my house for a while as so many things do.....

2 comments:

  1. Lovely finds. I know just what you mean about delving into somebody's past & treasured bits & bobs. Lizzie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have just bought the lovely yellow Murano glass vase with red flute from an indoor market for six pounds,6/9/13, a good find, do you know their year of make and their true market value A H HARTLEPOOL

    ReplyDelete