Friday 25 March 2011

Reader, I could spit ....

I won't of course, firstly because my mother would not approve, secondly because it is an insanitary habit and thirdly because I'd probably just end up with dribble down my chin. But, this book arrived today from Amazon.
75 birds, butterflies & beautiful beasties to knit and crochet

It is by the wonderful Lesley Stanfield who also wrote 100 Flowers to Knit and Crochet, a book you really should have in your collection if you are a knitter. This book contains some delightful patterns including bugs, beasties and butterflies, several beautiful new flower patterns, fruit, berries and - wait for it - BIRDS!! Now, if you have scrolled back through my posts, you will see that I have put on photos of my knitted blue tit and my knitted dove. I had this vague idea of trying to produce a book of knitted bird patterns but it would seem that Lesley got there first. However, lovely as Lesley's birds are, I still like mine better!
Lovely knitted butterflies

Lesley Stanfield knitted bluetit
Lesley Stanfield knitted dove


 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I agree your bird is quite delightful and looks the real deal. I have him in my favourites.

    Australia

    ReplyDelete