Thursday 3 March 2011

A few days away ...

Northern Man and I had a few days in Marrakesh over the half-term break.  The weather was warm, the wine was cold, the Riad was an absolute joy. There were souks ...


There were palaces ...


And more palaces ...


And gardens ....


And storks building nest after nest along the high walls of the city and the palaces ...
And we had a wonderful time.  But enough of this levity -let's get back to the serious stuff of life, crafting.

My garden thinks that spring is just around the corner and things are shooting everywhere.  Inspired by this I have been working on a wired wreath or garland of knitted and crocheted flowers and here is the result ...

Knitted Flower Wreath with knitted blue tit


I have a wonderful book by Lesley Stanfield called 100 Flowers to Knit and Crochet.  Although I have knitted many of her splendid creations, I decided to have a go at coming up with patterns for some knitted flowers of my own.  Some were better than others and the not so good ones are the ones tucked underneath so that you can't see so much of them!  I finished the garland off with another pattern of my own - knitted blue tits. 




No comments:

Post a Comment