Tuesday 31 December 2013

I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes, yarn is all around us and so the knitting grows .....

It is a time of year for finishing things off.  Northern Man has a problem with finishing things:  if he does a DIY job the tools sit where he last used them for weeks;  he has an issue with using up the last of the mayonnaise from a jar and he deserts a tube of toothpaste with at least two or three good squeezes left in it.  I was not surprised, therefore, when I found several almost-but-not-quite-used-up bags of potatoes in the fridge last night when I went to make the shepherd's pie.  The first was a bag of Vivaldi potatoes - we know who he was.  The second was a bag of Chopin potatoes - we know who he was.  The third was a bag of Maris Piper potatoes - who was he?  Is there such a place as Maris or was he a non-geographically-specific figure from Scottish history, heard piping mournfully across the Highlands at the end of the year to welcome Hogmanay?  Perhaps he followed the lead of Scottish football teams in not being named after his place of origin - Queen of the South (Dumfries), Raith Rovers (Kirkcaldy), St Mirren (Paisley), St Johnstone (Perth), Hibernian (Leith), Queen's Park (Glasgow), Albion Rovers (Coatbridge), Heart of Midlothian (Edinburgh), etc, etc.

Every year we have to move the The Box in order to make room for the oversized Christmas tree that Big Girl and Youngest Child insist I buy.


 The Box, which stores the-things-I'm-going-to-do-something-with-one-day, has to be partly emptied and this is when I come face to face with my own inability to finish a project.  I decided that this holiday I would finally put this right.


A knitted gargoyle has been in a dismembered state for  at least two years .....

A knitted devil who was completed all except one foot!  Why?  What can have been so important that I got distracted at that late stage and left him?

These knitted dolls have been partly knitted and partly put together for months.  I had a problem with the hair which I feel I have solved and with the face, which I have not.

And finally, the knitted dragons produced off-spring ......





Happy New Year and every blessing to you all.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Just found your blog and must say all your knitted things are wonderful but the baby dragons are brilliant! I do not know how to knit but so admire people that do . Your creations though are especially magical and just wondrous !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Valkrye,
      Many thanks for your kind comments. Very glad you like the dragons - they're one of my favourites!
      Best wishes,
      Jennie

      Delete
    2. I spent quite awhile yesterday looking at your blog and all the variety of lovely things you create. Do you sell any of your dragons or any of the things you make? I lived in Berkshire as a child ~ In Bracknell ~on the camp where the old R.A. F Staff College used to be . Do you know it?

      Delete
  2. Very good post to understand the info! thanks sir for valuable information,have a great day.I will use this method.
    ดูบอลสด
    ผลบอลเมื่อคืน
    ผลบอลสด

    ReplyDelete