Sunday 1 December 2013

Fortune telling and glue gunning ......


This morning I went to Chiswick car boot sale, not to sell, but to wander in the hope of finding a thing or two to buy.    As I was passing one stall I heard a lady ask the dealer if he had any books on fortune telling.  The dealer looked her straight in the eye and said 'Next week'.  I can only hope that she can see far enough ahead not to go back next Sunday in the hope that he is a man of his word.

I was tickled to find a professional sign writer there with beautifully painted things.  He had a collection of vintage saws for sale.  They were painted with opulent scroll work around the words 'Tattoos Removed'.

I have indulged myself with the purchase of a hot glue gun, Who knew there was so much fun to be had?  Everything is getting a stick-on make over ....

Sets of painted drawers with crochet flowers ...
Baskets, boxes and a hat box with crochet flowers .....
and a pretty vintage basket with knitted and crocheted flowers.  I've taken this basket to lots of fairs and it has refused to sell.  Add a few flowers and it disappeared first thing yesterday morning!  This could be the future .....




No comments:

Post a Comment