Sunday 4 August 2013

Romance and Northern Man .....

Northern Man is bored.  He is working from home to help me following the removal of the hallux valgus last week which is a sign of his love - or so he would have me believe.  Personally I suspect that it is a practise run for retirement, something I have been discouraging vigourously.  I know nobody less suited to a sedentary life than my husband as this week has conclusively proved, to me if not to him.

He has always had, right from the very beginning of mobile telephone technology, a work 'phone and he is supposed to pay for any private calls he makes from it.  So bored was he yesterday that he decided to work out how much he owed his employers for calls made over the last few years and he started with me.  Last year, my husband spent £10.40 calling me from his mobile.  Who says romance is dead?

I am bored too.  Many people, I know, would love to be told that they had to spend 6 weeks off their feet, preferably lying down with one foot elevated above the level of the heart.  It would be all their summer holidays come at once.  Not me - I'm just bored:  can't drive so can't go to a car boot sale; can't walk so can't enjoy the weather or the countryside;can't cook, shop, clean, launder - ok, so it's not all bad.  But I can knit!  Here are the latest creations ....


Dragon rampant and Dragon couchant ...

No comments:

Post a Comment