Thursday 22 December 2011

Joy to the World ....

and to me in particular as I have a wonderful two and a half weeks off work.  Big Girl and Youngest Child are back from university which makes for a surprising, sometimes startling, lifestyle.  Northern Man and I never know how many bodies may be strewn across floors when we get up, who we might meet on the stairs, or whether there will be any food/soap/loo roll/hot water left when we need it.  I wouldn't change it for the world.

The weekend before last was Shepton Mallet Flea Market.  I had a wonderful weekend - wine and chat with the Aged Parents on Friday evening, a  trip to Sherborne Antique Fair early on Saturday, a break, a walk up the High Street to do some Christmas shopping, a break and then a trip to the garden centre.  I had not realised how much I missed these simple pleasures working every day.  On Sunday we went to Shepton Flea, an enjoyable if not particuarly profitable, day out.

I bought lovely things at the Antique Fair in Sherborne.  Here they are ...

.. a Chinese carved panel, a blue glass vase with greens and greys drifting smokily through it and an embroidered wool panel which I shall probably make into a bag.


This pretty silk covered box is painted with pansies.  The embroidered box is modern, but has a feeling of the 1940's about it.

And a beautifully painted Victorian papier mache box.  A great haul!  The knitted Christmas fairy, who looks as though she's been at the mulled wine and is a little unstable about the knees, is an adaptation of my knitted doll pattern done in silver yarn with dove wings added.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.





No comments:

Post a Comment