Sunday 11 September 2011

Knitted Gardens and the antidote to Ikea ....

Every week I treat myself to a read around of my favourite blogs some, but by no means all, of which are listed in my Much Visited Blogs list.  This morning's read turned up a cracking post of 6th September from Attic 24 all about the knitted garden project from bloomingmarvellous1.  The group have knitted cottage garden borders brimming with blooms, hanging baskets,  trailing vines, sunflowers taller than a person, a pond complete with frogs,  a picnic, sacks of vegetables and boxes of fruit,  birds and animals, tools and beehive.  It goes on and on and is just the sort of quirky project that's guaranteed to make a girl smile.  Which is just as well because after breakfast I had to take Big Girl and Youngest Child to Ikea on a pre-university shopping trip.  Only Son didn't come but kindly let me write a list of things he would need and take it with me so that I could do his shopping for him. 

Now, if you are reading this blog you are probably not a great fan of Ikea.  I'm certainly not although I recognise that it does have it's uses, especially in the going-into-a-shared-house or moving-into-selfcatering-halls situation in which my offspring find themselves.  When I got back I decided to do some painting to calm my nerves.  My suggested antidote to Ikea is a little bit of ....

1 comment:

  1. You're so right - I have a definite aversion to Ikea. Love your little painted sign - so pretty. M x

    ReplyDelete