Sunday 21 April 2013

To Bee or not to Bee ...

Tuesday is the final of the BBC's Great British Sewing Bee.  I am already in my mourning weeds and hoping that sewing, like cooking, is about to become a minor national obsession.

I can forsee an epidemic of programmes dedicated to the needle and its art:  Come Tack With Me; Masterstitcher; The Great British Dressmaker.  Celebrity judges will appear and choose the contestants whom they want to go onto the live shows on the basis of blind top-stitching competitions.  There will be live auditions in front of a studio audience to find the sewer with the cross-stitch factor.  There will be books, dvds, magazines! 

On Saturday 27th April The Vintage Bazaar is once again in Hartley Wintney and I have been busy painting the unprepared items I found hibernating at the back of the garage.  But I also found time for some knitting and believe that I have created what the world has been waiting for - a knitted cherub!





I have to say that they are not completely anatomically correct, but they do have tummy buttons and bottoms ....




2 comments: