Sunday 24 March 2013

Word Association Knitting .....

Last weekend my thought process went something along the lines of warmer weather - watery sun - green shoots - spring! - blossom ....


- March hares ....


I have been trying for a long time to knit a chicken.  I have knitted them from the tail forward, from the beak backwards, from the feet up, in one piece, in two pieces, with a gusset and without.  It has been something of an obsession and I am unable to decide why it has been so difficult to arrive at a version which pleases me. I haven't had the problem with any of the other birds I've knitted.  Here is the latest idea ( tail forwards, one piece, seperate legs!) with the Easter chicks from few years ago.


Speaking of obsessions, Northern Man's ipad addiction is becoming worse and has spread to include a mini ipad and an iphone.  These devices talk to each other and share information;  what is saved on one, is saved on all.  He thinks this is a wonder of modern technology but I think it's verging on Terminator territory.  I don't want my machines talking to each other;  imagine if the Yeti began to chat to the dishwasher, washing machine or dyson.  They'd share stories about my incompetence and slatternly habits, the way I cut corners, don't vacumn under the furniture or scrape the plates.  They'd begin to laugh about me behind my back, lose respect, refuse to carry out my instructions.  There's nothing worse than an uppity dishwasher ....

No comments:

Post a Comment