Tuesday 8 January 2013

They said there'll be snow at Christmas They said there'll be peace on Earth But instead, it just kept on raining .....

One of the things I would normally have done during a two week school break was lots of walking.  But, because of the inclement weather, the fields around us became shallow lakes and the paths were turned to mire so I spent most of the time indoors and did a lot of knitting.  When we were in Rome last autumn we bought these little chocolate dragee bunches of flowers as gifts ....



... and they got me thinking.

As I wander round car boot sales I often buy things knowing that one day I will use them for something.  Then they sit in a box waiting patiently for inspiration to strike.  Well, a quick search through the pile of things that time forgot in the garage produced these ....


..... which I bought years ago.  I used a lot of them to decorate garlands but these were left over.  I beheaded them ....


..... and added knitted roses which are a redesigned version of Lesley Stanfield's rose from 100 Flowers to Knit and Crochet. 

And then, of course, I got to thinking that I could make my own bunches just using wire and artificial leaves ....

I knew those odd bits would come in useful one day ....


No comments:

Post a Comment