Sunday 2 December 2012

But at my back I always hear, Time's wingèd chariot hurrying near

Christmas is on its way again.  It's amazing how each year it charges up to me from the front undisguised, blatantly flaunting its lights, tinsel, music and tv specials, and I don't see it!  It's a fixed point in the calendar, immovable as middle-aged stomach fat.  And despite all this warning, I never feel ready for it.  Partly, this is a reluctance to make up my mind about buying presents:  I see a potential gift but don't buy it because I may find something I like more, and then panic because that particular part of my present list isn't crossed off.  I wonder if there's a self-help book I could get hold of or a class I could attend?  That would make a good present from someone .....

I have been doing a little painting ....


and knitting ....

and more crochet .....

It's not surprising I don't have time to think about Christmas presents.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jennie,
    all looking wonderful - are you at Shepton this weekend?

    I'm in denial re Christmas...It can't really be just around the corner, can it?...we've only just had the last one!

    Have a good weekend whatever your plans,
    Niki :)

    ReplyDelete